Read the blog post here: http://cookiescupcakesandcardio.com/?p=5200
Learn how to make a wedding cake in this three part wedding cake recipe series. In this part, we review how to stack and 3 tier wedding cake.
Part 1: http://youtu.be/134j3CCEsQM
Part 3: http://youtu.be/54Vw8Ke7tMA
• 6″ double layer buttercream coated cake
• 8″ double layer buttercream coated cake
• 10″ double layer buttercream coated cake
• 7 Wooden dowel rods (or plastic)
1. Place three rods into the 10″ cake in the shape of a triangle, about 3″-4″ apart. Make sure that the rods will be underneath the 8″ cake that will be above the support rods.
2. Mark the rods with an edible pen, or score with a knife, just below the top of the cake. Trim the rods using a knife, saw or sharp sears to the trim line.
3. Reinsert the rods into the previous holes, and ensure that they are flush with the top of the cake. If they are not, re-trim them.
4. Place the 8″ cake on top of the support rods.
5. Place three rods into the 8″ cake in the shape of a triangle, about 3″-4″ apart. Make sure that the rods will be underneath the 6″ cake that will be above the support rods.
6. Repeat trimming process of the rods and insert them back into the holes that go through the 10″ and 8″ cakes.
7. Place the 6″ on top of the support rods.
8. Trim one rod to fit below the surface of the top of the cake, and press down into the cake through all three layers of cakes. This will prevent the cake from moving.
9. Using a small amount of buttercream, patch the hole at the top of the cake and spread smooth.
Visit my blog at: http://cookiescupcakesandcardio.com