Learn the simple yet beautiful cornelli lace design, perfect for wedding cakes. Get Jill’s FREE 20 Cake Mix Magic Recipe Book https://todayscreativemom.com/cake-magic/
Jill also shows you how to stack a two-tier cake.
Decorate for a wedding, birthday, anniversary, or a romantic dessert cake.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY for more videos and how-tos!
Get full recipe and how-to’s at http://www.TodaysCreativeMom.com
JOIN ME for MORE Videos, Recipes, How-To’s and Decorating!
Decorating Supplies: http://www.SweetArtFactory.com
To decorate you need: #2 and #16 star tip and disposable decorating bag.
White Velvet Cake – make two 8-inch cakes
Double or triple recipe for more tiers.
One box White Cake Mix (I used Duncan Hines)
1 Cup buttermilk (or 1 cup milk and 1 tablespoon white vinegar)
1/2 Cup vegetable or canola oil
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
Mix all the ingredients together. Bake in a preheated oven 350 degrees (180 C) for 35 – 45 minutes. Line your pan or oil and flour. Cool before frosting.
1 cup (2 sticks) butter (salted, or unsalted)
1 cup Crisco shortening
1/4 teaspoon salt (if using unsalted butter)
4 – 6 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon pure almond extract (best quality available)
2-3 tablespoons heavy cream, half and half or milk.
* In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix softened butter and crisco together.
* Add salt (if needed).
* One cup at time, add 2-3 cups of powdered sugar, beating after each addition.
* Add vanilla, or other flavorings and beat to combine.
* Add about 1 tablespoon of cream, and continue beating.
* Add the remaining 2-3 cups powdered sugar, one at a time.
* Add an additional 1-2 tablespoons cream until desired consistency is reached. If you want to pipe the frosting on cupcakes, the frosting should be nice and thick. Continue to beat another minute or so. The frosting should now be smooth and fluffy.
Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting:
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter (salted, or unsalted)
1 8 ounce block of cream cheese (softened)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 – 3 cups powdered sugar
Raspberry filling or preserves (ice on layers before adding cream cheese frosting)
* In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix softened butter and cream cheese together.
* Add vanilla
* One cup at time, add powdered sugar, beating after each addition.
Beat until smooth and well blended. Refrigerate before use.